Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (4)

teasertuesdays31

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:


"So it was too late. He looked up, shivering, and could feel the dark descending. He took one last chance to seize her, to hold her as tightly as he'd been yearning to for weeks."

-
Fallen by Lauren Kate, p. 7

I actually took this week's teaser from the prologue of the book. I just started reading, and I'm not that far into the book yet, so I have no idea what's happening or how the prologue is related to the story. It sounds pretty interesting, though! But before I read some more, I really have to finish Shiver! I really like it, but I've been busy these past few days so I haven't had time to finish it. It didn't help that I skipped If I Stay to the top of my reading pile, either :P But I should be finished with it by tomorrow, and I'll have a review posted before the end of the week :D

8 comments:

  1. Too many good books, never enough time! :) If I Stay keeps ((sadly)) pushed a little further down my TBR list, as well ... I hear it's great, but so many other books keep popping up, too! I *LOVED* Fallen - maybe not as much as Shiver, but it's definitely a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really like Fallen all that much. Hopefully, you like it better. I'll be looking forward to your review on Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, does sound interesting. And I love the book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I felt Fallen was good, but not great. I'm interested to hear what you think. I loved If I Stay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh this sounds really good!
    Here is my Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished this, so I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is interesting, good teaser, good book as well!

    Our teaser is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete