Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming releases you're looking forward to.
Sleepless
by Cyn Balog
July 13, 2010

Eron De Marchelle isn't supposed to feel a connection. He is a Sandman, a supernatural being whose purpose is to seduce human charges to sleep. While he can communicate with his charges in their dreams, he isn't encouraged to--after all, getting too involved in one human's life would prevent him helping his other charges get their needed rest.

But he can't deny that he feels something for Julia. Julia, with her fiery red hair and her sad dreams. Just weeks ago, her boyfriend died in a car accident, and Eron can tell that she feels more alone than ever. Eron was human once too, many years ago, and he remembers how it felt to lose the one he loved. Eron has always felt protective of Julia . . . but now, when she seems to need him more than ever, he can't seem to reach her . . .

Sandmen are forbidden from communicating with humans outside their dreams. But will Eron be willing to risk everything for a chance to be with the person he loves?

-

This looks like another great paranormal romance! I've never read a story about a sandman before, so I'm hoping this will be a pleasing first. I love the concept- so interesting! The cover is a beauty, too. It's not intricate, but I have a thing for black covers. Why? I don't know. I just like how they look on my bookshelf, I guess :P

*my computer's being retarded and for some reason I can't remove the italics :(

19 comments:

  1. I have this one on my wish list, too. It's an interesting looking departure from all the usual paranormal romances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting one. Here's what I'm waiting for. Click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great twist for a love story. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my wishlist too. It looks wonderful. Great pick!

    I'm waiting on Eternal Kiss of Darkness here.

    Happy reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great for summer. Here is mine:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/05/waiting-on-wednesday-i-couldnt-decide.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I've heard interesting things about this one!

    Here's my WoW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick! I haven't heard of this one. I will have to put it on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love that title and cover! Sounds like an intriguing twist...

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/05/26/waiting-on-wednesday-11/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds great! And I like the cover, simple, but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick...I'm a fan of the cover, too. Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The italics are a nice change. :) Great WOW pick. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds good! I’ll have to add it to my gigantic list of books to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sound so good! Awesome pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a really good book! I'll have to add it to my tbr pile. My pick is here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cover!! Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this cover, too! I like how authors are branching out from the vamp/were/faerie thing to write about other supernatural beings. I thought Cyn's first book was pretty good, so I'm looking forward to Sleepless. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick..this is on my WL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cover, love the synopsis, great find!

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This does sound like an interesting and novel (pardon the pun) concept! I've never heard of a book about sandmen before - thanks for putting this on my radar! I love the cover too - minimalist and powerful.

    Here's my first ever WoW post =)

    ReplyDelete