Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (6)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:

"She'd have to be made of stone not to be touched by his concern, and yet- and yet- he has complete power over her. He could smash her world into smithereens if he chose, and that frightens her."

- Willow by Julia Hoban, p. 91

I'm currently in a really meaty part of the story. I just want to continue reading! Sadly, it's taking me a lot longer to finish Willow because it's annual recruitment week for organizations in my college, and I'm required to come to school early and stay after class to man the booth. It's a lot of fun and I really enjoy the involvement, but I'm not so crazy about the fact that it takes a huge chunk out of my free (a.k.a. reading) time. I've been reading during the trip to and from school, though, and I've gotten pretty far into the book. It's nothing like anything I've ever read. It's so... gritty. The words totally bite! I'm definitely loving it :)

27 comments:

  1. Definitely hate having someone with that much control Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my wish list. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

    Mine are here:

    http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=4061

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if the power he has is figurative or literal? Sounds like a good book! Here's my teaser for Dark Lover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this teaser a lot, sounds like some tightly wound emotions at play.

    Our teaser is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this book quite frequently on the blogs I follow. I am glad you are enjoying it. Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of your reading! ;-) My TT is from Embers by Laura Bickle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only we could sit and read all day! Wouldn't that be fun for a while?
    Great teaser! I don't know this author but will have to see if the library has the book.

    HERE is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard good things about this. I hope you get to finish it soon!

    Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a heart of stone would serve her well in this case, bet it doesn't work that way though...

    My Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Teaser! My Teaser for Captivate is here.

    Happy reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard good things about this book. I will have to check it out. Great teaser and I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very scary and provocative!

    Here's mine:

    http://snowconnections.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/teaser-tuesdays/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teaser! Hard to put trust in someone who could destroy everything for you!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been really interested in this book recently! Great teaser! Here is mine:

    http://coffeeliciousbookaholic.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! Willow is a pretty good book, and definitely an important one. I've been glad to see self-injury portrayed more in YA books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww I love this teaser! I had a mixed feelings about this one, but I'm glad your liking it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. I WANT TO READ THIS NOW! You made it so good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a really interesting teaser, can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. He has a lot of control over her.
    Wonder how it's gonna turn out.

    My `teaser` is up:

    http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2010/06/just-beyond-clouds.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is very intense and a great teaser, thanks for sharing. I have a blog award for you Erika, HERE:

    http://jacaburintexas.blogspot.com/2010/06/new-award.html

    jackie b central texas

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great teaser! Stop by and check out my teaser at The Wormhole.

    ReplyDelete
  21. He sounds like someone who needs to be taken down a notch or two. Pussreboots.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've just made me want to read this book ten times more then I did 5 minutes ago!

    ReplyDelete
  23. When I was in school I barely ever read for fun...all the studying and extracurriculars wore me out. So kudos to you for being able to handle all that and lots of side reading! I've heard strong feelings for Willow, both good and bad...look forward to seeing what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're definitely making my wishlist grow! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Caring for others is never easy, is it ?

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just read the summary of the book and it's on my wishlist now! Been seeing it around online but never thought of finding out what it's about. :) Oh, you'll get some reading time, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete