Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (7)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:

"Imagine. Two forms. Two separate profiles outlined by the twilight sky and the sparkling lights of a city that lay at their feet. And the stars. The stars. Look how they shine. For them. As though this night, this moment lives suspended in a snow globe filled with glitter."

- Wait for Me by An Na, p. 100

I've spent most of my life in Asia, yet I haven't read a lot of YA novels with strong Asian influence. Other than She's So Money by Cherry Cheva, this is the only one. I was originally drawn in by the story- I liked that it explored the life of a Korean-American teenager in modern America- but now that I've read through quite a big portion of the book, I have to say my favorite part of the book (so far) is the writing. It. Is. Sublime. Seriously, the imagery is insane. A total treat for the reader- just check the teaser!

7 comments:

  1. Great teaser. I haven't heard much about this book, but it sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! Fantastic cover!

    My TT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! Hope you will check out my teaser on My Blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this one but I like the writing. My TT and contest link can be found HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your teaser check out mine. Also the web link you sent me worked! I now have a three column layout! Thank you so much! This means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete