Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (8)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:


"She was close now, so close that she could hear a voice. That was what this echo was, a voice. Single and solitary, seeking someone- anyone- to answer it.

Violet was that someone."

- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

I've read mixed reviews about this one. Some- like Reggie at The Undercover Book Lover and Kristi at The Story Siren- loved it. Others? Not so much. I haven't gotten very far, because school has been keeping me busy, but I'm liking it so far! It's eerie, mysterious, occasionally funny, and it's pretty darn enjoyable! I hope that by the end of the book I end up being one of those who really loved it.

21 comments:

  1. Ooh love this teaser and book! I really enjoyed this one, I could even reread it (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that sounds GOOD! I am SO wanting to get my hands on this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about this book and that's a good teaser! :) Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't recall hearing of this book before today, and now this is the second teaser today!

    My teaser this week is from a Russian classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser and what a beautiful cover. Here's mine from The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great teaser! Mine is here: http://bookreviews.me.uk/teaser-tuesday-1/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED this book! And you picked a wonderful teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw this book on another blog :) Must be a good one!

    HERE is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be popular! Nice one. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark me down on the "loved it" side. I thought it was excellent. My teaser is from Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! This book was one of my absolute favorites! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that your enjoying your book. Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cover is beautiful! I'm not sure how I would feel about it either though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser! I've ran into this a couple times in the last few weeks and today. Sounds like a great book!

    My TT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep seeing teasers from this book. I haven't gotten to it yet, but it's in my TBR pile!

    This is my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this book too and I cant wait to start reading it. Hope it delivers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you end up loving it too! Sounds cool. Have a great week and happy reading. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you enjoy it. It is one of my favorites so far this year. I loved the suspense.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Body Finder seems really popular right now. My teaser this week is from How to Train Your Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great teaser! Haven’t read it yet, but I want to (bad).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting teaser. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete