Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (9)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:
  
"The screaming I hadn't even really heard- it's how Julia's mother always talks- but the  whisper, that little cracked sound. Murderer. It hands heavy around me. Inside me.

It is me."

- Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott, p. 19

I'm a huge fan of Elizabeth Scott's writing, but this is the first time I'm reading any of her "heavier" novels. I really liked the rest of her books, but they were light, easy reads compared to this one. I don't know why, but I've been into dark, emotional books lately. So though this isn't the typical Elizabeth Scott book I love, it's something new and different, and I like that it shows how diverse and talented she is as an author. 

8 comments:

  1. This is on my wishlist. Thanks for the teaser!

    Mine are here -

    http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=4108

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I have never read Elizabeth Scott. I'll have to give her a try. My teaser is from Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a complicated teaser. Sounds deep. Hope you're enjoying the book. Here is my teaser and review. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have this on my TBR (the list is always growing so sometimes I lose track). Great teaser!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I love Elizabeth Scott as well, but I haven't read this one. It does sound darker than her other novels. Enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good teaser! Sounds interesting and I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read this book and I really liked it. Nice choice of teaser! :) Mine's here

    ReplyDelete