Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

 Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming releases you're looking forward to.

 Grace
by Elizabeth Scott
September 16th, 2010

Grace was raised to be an Angel, a herald of death by suicide bomb. But she refuses to die for the cause, and now Grace is on the run, daring to dream of freedom. In search of a border she may never reach, she travels among malevolent soldiers on a decrepit train crawling through the desert. Accompanied by the mysterious Kerr, Grace struggles to be invisible, but the fear of discovery looms large as she recalls the history and events that delivered her uncertain fate.

Told in spare, powerful prose, this tale of a dystopian near future will haunt readers long after they've reached the final page.
 -
 Most of you who've been reading my blog for a while now (which isn't long, since it just had its third monthsary) know that I'm a total Elizabeth Scott fanatic. I adore her writing, and her stories always entertain me. So when I found out she was releasing Grace, I practically jumped for joy! I never thought she'd write a dystopian, but I'm glad she did. The story sounds amazing, and I already know her writing is superb, so I think it's going to be a great book.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I've heard of this one...sounds intriguing.

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/waiting-on-wednesday-13/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one a couple times now. It sounds really intriguing and kind of sad.

    My WoW is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a feeling this one is going to be read a lot when it come out. It does sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this on my wish list, too. Sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by Elizabeth Scott, but this one really interests me, so I'll be looking forward to reading Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read anything of hers, but does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any ES, but considering how much she is adored by bloggers, I have plans to do so soon. Any recommendations for me? I really love the premise of this book, too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like the kind of book that you just might need a box of tissues to get through. Shari
    myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com

    P.S. now following your great blog.

    ReplyDelete