Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

 Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming releases you're looking forward to.

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares
by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
October 12th, 2010
“I’ve left some clues for you.
If you want them, turn the page.
If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”


So begins the latest whirlwind romance from the
New York Times bestselling authors of Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?
 -
I've never read any of Rachel Cohn's or David Levithan's books, but I heard that they're both amazing. Lately I've been making plans of picking up their books, and then boom, I came across the Amazon page of Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. It was total serendipity- what better way to get started  on reading the works of two authors than to read a book they co-author? And Dash & Lily's sounds like a fun read with awesome, original characters. I'm sure to get myself a copy of this as soon as it comes out :)

15 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun and the cover is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really like the premise on this one it sounds like such fun. Good pick, one for my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really fun...hope you like it.

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/06/23/waiting-on-wednesday-15/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of this one too. I see it will be out on the Kindle, so I will put on my wishlist and probably preorder it. Thanks for the highlight and bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! I haven't read their books either, but it sounds like that is going to change!

    My WoW is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like fun. Great pick!

    My WoW is up on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a really cute and fun book. Looking forward to what you think! My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound really good. I've heard good things about Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist but haven't read it yet. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow a new one from them!! i didn't even know this was coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I'm looking forward to this book too! I just discovered Rachel and David's books this year, and I can see why they're so popular. I love the cover of this book and the premise. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I can't wait for this one either! I've been waiting for the summary to come out. Awesome pick Erika (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. YA Book Giveaway at: http://kateevangelistarandr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! I am looking forward to this one too. My WoW is Nevermore.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really looking forward to reading this one as well. Also, you *need* to read Rachel's Gingerbread, Shirmp and Cupcake. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete