Saturday, July 17, 2010

Casting Characters (4): Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


Casting Characters is a feature hosted at Erika Breathes Books that gives potential casts for books.


Whew! It has been a WHILE since I did my last Casting Characters post. I've been so busy! I really missed it, though, and since my schedule has cleared up a bit, I decided to do another one. Yay! The characters casted for this post will be from Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. *I apologize for the weird formatting of this post. The spacing is out of whack!*

Alex - Alexander F. Rodriguez
I know, I know. It's not the most original Alex idea. But hellooo. Have you not seen the Rules of Attraction trailer? This guy is the PERFECT Alex! He's got the gorgeous Latino thing going on. This boy is so good-looking, I could just die! And let's not forget, his name's already ALEXander, teehee :)






Brittany - Dianna Agron
This girl is undeniably pretty! She's blonde and doe-eyed and she's proved to the world that she can play an it-girl with a heart.  She'd make an excellent Brittany, if I may say so myself!









Sierra - Ayla Kell
I haven't gotten the opportunity to watch a lot of Make it or Break it, but she looks like she could play a great bestfriend character.
 








Paco - Javier Hernandez
I am well aware that he doesn't act, but aesthetically-speaking, he could play Paco. He seems like a really lovable guy, and he's already Mexican! Score! 







Colin - Travis Van Winkle
Because everything about this guy screams jerk and stereotypical jock boyfriend. Just look at his filmography!








 Isabel - Christian Serrantos
Isabel likes to stay away from the spotlight, and she seems like a really chill person. That's exactly how Christian comes across to me. She was actually my favorite character in the Twilight movies.








Carmen - Francia Raisa
I think this one's pretty self-explanatory.









 
Carlos - Avan Jogia
I never really pictured Carlos like the one playing him in the Rules of Attraction trailer. To be frank, I still can't clearly picture eighteen-year-old Carlos, but I always thought the younger version of him that appeared in Perfect Chemistry would look a bit like this.





Luis - Tyler Posey
No, I'm not stuck in a time warp- I'm well aware that Tyler Posey is now all grown-up. But let's rewind a bit, and imagine him as Ty in Maid in Manhattan. Plus, his modern-day self could play older Luis.








Darlene - Brittany Curran
I always imagined Darlene blond, until Brittany Curran crossed my mind. This girl was practically made to play mean-girl characters! She knows how to raise her eyebrow just so to give off the perfect amount of snarkiness.






Hector - Antonio Banderas
I've never seen him play a villain, but I bet he could. Something about him just screams Latino gang lord. To me, at least.

7 comments:

  1. I just finished this book, and I love your cast! I think Antonio Banderas would make a great Hector! I think your picks for Brittany, Paco & Carlos are great too. I pictured Alex a bit differently though - with darker hair.

    This is a fun meme! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your casting is awesome Erika, well done!The weirdest thing:when I was reading Perfect Chemistry and Alex was introduced, Adrian Grenier came to mind and I now I cannot possibly think of another more suitable to play Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! it's fun playing producer, haha :)) i can't even begin to describe how much i love this book. it left me feeling like warm melted butter- i was swooning way after i was done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm...me too! It's a pretty special book. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Alex and Carlos guys are sooo gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I wouldn't have thought of Christian Serratos as Isabel, but you're right. She's a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dooood! I love this cast! Perfect for PC!

    Dianna Agron as Brittney is spot on!

    ReplyDelete