Thursday, July 15, 2010

Guest Post: Maria Lucia on the Best Things About the Fantasy Genre

Hi everyone! It's my pleasure to tell you guys that I'm having my very first guest post! It's by fantasy author Maria Lucia, who's here on her blog tour (also another first for me!). I asked her to talk about what she loves most about the fantasy genre, so without further ado, take it away, Maria!

The first thing I love about the fantasy genre is that writing in it frees my spirit. I love not having any limitations on characters, scenes and plot development. With fantasy I can truly create from my deepest place and serve my own fulfillment that way. I can mold races and places to look and feel exactly as I see them. I don’t have to give an inch on it as far as credibility; all fantasy readers allow a lot! I have found that I love my independence as a soul and don’t like being restricted by anything, not even my clothes. So, hanging out with funny nature spirits, and different kinds of angels, and animal elders is a blast and the fact that they all are connected with a galactic origin is even more fun like in my new novel.

I love creating entire worlds and fantasy allows me to do that in a gentle way. I can be really deep and profound with the characters and challenge the readers to pursue the idea that some of it could be true. With fantasy you can develop a rich plot with endless possibilities and worlds that can continue from volume to volume. For me I love the soft touch that the gentler characters offer in these worlds that I create. It serves as a soothing balm to our violence filled planet.

Last I want to acknowledge the readers of fantasy who share a lot of what I feel and love a lot of what I love. I know some of them can’t verbalize it but they feel it. They feel it every time they get inside a story and it touches them.

Maria Lucia
Maria is the author of Liberation: Book One of the Andrusian Chronicles, a sci-fi/fantasy book. Here's a quick synopsis:


Amora Madre is content in the Smokey Mountains pursuing her teaching of love, things of the spirit, and metaphysics. Her childhood invisible playmates, Casey and Nia, are always by her side. But when soul mate Gabriel Ephraim enters her life, she is drawn into the heart of a horrific encounter with the spirit world in the skies over Washington D.C. Catapulted into service for the Intergalactic Supernatural Intelligence Agency, ISIA, the kindred lovers soon discover the existence of an invisible wickedness over the city, its galactic origins, and its evil designs for national and world events.
As part of an Andrusian galactic strike force, assembled to dismantle the malevolent legion’s brutal matrix, Amora and Gabriel, seasoned and accomplished, embark on a dangerous adventure filled with Onaweyans, Scorpillians, historical figures, and a confrontation with the dark supernatural syndicate over the fate of the United States and the earth.
With journeys into dimensional worlds, interactions with fantastic characters and creatures, and revelation of the current struggle between the spiritual forces of good and evil, LIBERATION draws the reader into a world where the spiritual dimensions and reality converge. 
 I hope you all enjoyed reading the best things about the fantasy genre, coming from a fantasy author. I know I did! Don't forget to stop by Maria's tour page to see where she's headed off to next.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Erika Breathes Books from the author herself.

    “Erika, I just wanted to thank you for featuring Liberation for me. Your site looks great and your enthusiasm has been refreshing. Congratulations on your new journey with guest posts, authors are very grateful for them and for your time! I hope to have contact with you again someday until then, be well.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ericka, I had no idea this was your first author post. Congratulations, the post looks great.

    ReplyDelete