Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (10)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:

"I don't know what I'm doing in the next five minutes and she has the next ten years figured out. I'll worry about making it out of ninth grade alive. Then I'll think about a career path."

- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, p. 53

I honestly cannot believe that I only started reading Laurie Halse Anderson recently. I can see why she's considered to be one of the greatest YA authors of all time. Her books are powerful, yet presented in the most unlikely manner. I'm really enjoying Speak, and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything pans out at the end of the story.

13 comments:

  1. Great teaser.... at that age that's all she needs to worry about making it out of the 9th grade alive. I'm 40 and don't have my next 10 years planned out yet lol... Sounds like a great book... I love reading YA books but I haven't read any from Laurie Halse I will have to check them out.

    here is my teaser:

    http://chrissysworldofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/07/its-teaser-tuesday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Anderson! I'm so glad you are enjoying it- great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much said in a teaser. I want to read this one, haven't read this author before.

    My TT

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday-note-from-old.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember liking this one a lot when I was younger. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    As someone who barely made it out of ninth grade alive, I'd say that narrator has her priorities straight! (But it would be nice to have a few years in the future figured out, too, you know?)

    Now I'm kind of upset that I've never even heard of Laurie Halsse Anderson,when YA is supposed to be my big thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Tuesday! I just love this meme! I get to see so many great books. Have a great week, happy reading. Stop by at The Wormhole to see mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving you teaser! Hope you will also check out My Teaser. Also wanted to give you a heads up about my amazing news that my debut novel is being released Friday the 13th this August. Hope you will check out the announcement or my second tab.

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Opps! This is why I LOVE my editor. *your

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED this book! I couldn't stand the movie though. I found Kristen Stewart to be annoying then too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great book, although I wasn't too convinced by the ending. But, it's still a great book. :) My teaser's
    here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished reading Wintergirls a few days ago. I LOVE Anderson's writing style, and so I'm anticipating reading Speak. Thanks for the great teaser!

    My TT: here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh I love this book so much! And I love your teaser too :) Anderson really is amazing, you should check out Wintergirls by her :D

    ReplyDelete