Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (12)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: 


"And I felt the unbroken line of me and her stretching back from our cribs to the dead guy to acquaintanceship to now. And I wanted to tell her that the pleasure for me wasn't planning or doing or leaving; the pleasure was in seeing our strings cross and separate and come back together- but that seemed too cheesy to say, and anyway, she was standing up."

- Paper Towns by John Green, p. 78

I fell in love with John Green's writing when I read looking for Alaska, and Paper Towns is equally well-written. I noticed a couple of similarities between the characters of the book and the protagonist's love for a certain girl, but it's a really nice, funny book. I was hooked from the first page! I'm definitely excited to see how this one ends :)

10 comments:

  1. I loved Paper Towns when I read it back in May, so I hope you enjoy it too!
    LadyV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! Mine is from The Perks of Being a Wallflower over at It's Time to Read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I definitely want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing teaser! This sounds like a great read. My Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! John Green is another of those authors that I keep meaning to read but just haven't yet. Mine is from The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell from the teaser that he has a very specific style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful teaser! John Green really is a great writer. I've only read Looking for Alaska, but I seriously need to read the rest of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous teaser~ I'm not familiar with John Green but have heard a lot of talk about Looking For Alaska, I'm going to go look him up! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! I haven't read any of John Green's books yet. Glad you are enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely teaser. I haven't read John Green either! I've been meaning too.

    ReplyDelete