Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (13)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: 
 
" You can't miss the desperation in my voice as I shove Prim behind me, as if I'm afraid no one will hear and they'll take Prim away. But, of course, they do hear."

- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, p. 46

I've been seeing this series a lot around the blogosphere, but I never paid much attention to it until lately. Stupid me! This series sounds just as wonderful as everyone says it is. I have a feeling I'll end up adding it to my list of favorites! :)

7 comments:

  1. I read about this somewhere in the blogosphere sometime this week and added it to my TBR list. Your teaser just reinforced that decision. Great teaser. You can find mine here

    http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday-is-hosted-by-mizb-over.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read this, too. One of these days, I will...

    My teasers are here Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games is AMAZING! I still have Catching Fire to read. It has been on my book shelf since CHRISTMAS, but I haven't took it out from there to read. I think I am little scared that I will be disappointed with it since I loved The Hunger Games so much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing this around too, but I have no idea what it's about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice teaser. Haven't read this series yet. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popular teaser book this week. Mine's from Devil to Pay, a book I wrote.

    ReplyDelete