Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Three: Three Ultimate Summer Romances


I'm a very organized, borderline obsessive-compulsive person, and I've always loved making lists. Whether it's a list of things I need to do or of my favorite quotes from a book, I made sure to make one. So I decided, why not make a weekly feature combining my love for list-making and my love for books? Hence, Thursday Three was born! This is my first ever post under this feature, so I hope you guys enjoy it! Since summer's end is drawing near, this week's three picks are my three ultimate summer romances out of all the ones I've read.

Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot
 Meg Cabot earned my respect with All-American Girl, but she had me proclaiming my love for her with this story. Katie likes to show everyone that she's perfect, but deep beneath the surface she's got a lot going on. She's far from perfect and sometimes she may seem really vapid, so I loved that she gets to be herself with Tommy. Their chemistry is simply on fire, and I liked how despite their flaws, they completely understand each other. They also have a bit of a competition to see who excels the most out of the two of them, which I found adorable!

The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols
Picture two months with unlimited access to a lake and its amenities. Factor in two hot brothers and an ingenious plan, and you're guaranteed to have a sizzling summer vacation. The Boys Next Door made me cringe, laugh out loud, and feel lovedrunk all at the same time. I loved how it strikes a perfect balance between comedy and romance; everything about it just felt right to me. The plot was cute, the characters were endearing, the story simply spoke to me. This book is summer-themed romantic comedy at its finest.

Summer in the City by Elizabeth Chandler
How do I even begin to describe this book using words other than "It took my breath away?" It's everything I could want in a summer romance, and more. It features a love triangle, but not the type that's obvious from the very beginning. I did not know off the bat who Jamie was going to end up with, and that made the reading experience so exciting. Of course I was rooting for someone from the very start, but I don't want to divulge too much- just read the book! It will steal your heart like it did mine.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment