Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

 Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming releases you're looking forward to.

  The Last Good Place of Lily Odilon
by Sara Beitia
October 1st, 2010

We've been over this, he says. We have to get to her first.

I know! Olivia snaps. I'm keeping company with a suspected murderer and I've probably become an accessory at this point, and a runaway besides. So don't tell me what I need to do. I'm doing it.


Lily Odilon—local wild child from a small Idaho town—has vanished after spending the night with her sometimes boyfriend, new kid Albert Morales. Suspected in her disappearance, Albert sets out to discover what happened to her. Kidnapped? Runaway? Murder victim?

Joining Albert is Lily's prickly younger sister, Olivia. Their distress is mirrored in a fast-paced narrative that jumps through three time-lines. Each thread adds a new level to the mystery and reveals clues that paint a startling picture of all three teens. Their intertwined destinies come to a head in an unconventional climax.
-
Who doesn't love a good mystery? I'm loving the premise of this one. The resident enigmatic girl goes missing, and her boyfriend and sister embark on a journey to find her. Sounds almost like Looking for Alaska mixed with Getting Lost With Boys, plus a little more mystery. Doesn't that sound exciting? I can't wait to read this and see how the story unfolds, and most of all, find out what really happened to Lily Odilon.

9 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a mysterious and interesting read, I want! Thanks so much for having this as your pick, it's now on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystery? Murder? Girl goes missing? This is going on my TBR pile. For sure. Great pick! I love WoW-- I find the most new books through this meme.

    This week I am waiting on Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this does sound very intriguing...thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/07/21/waiting-on-wednesday-19/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, mysteries are fabulous! Nice pick. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! Nice pick for this weeks WoW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds very intriguing! Great pick! My WoW is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good mystery! This sounds like a great read!


    Check out My WoW on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that you are a part of the Debut Author Challenge! That is so amazing that you are supporting debut authors and I only recently found out that I am going to be one!!! I wanted to ask if you wouldn’t mind heading over to my blog and giving me your opinion. As a blogger turned author I would really appreciate it and the publisher is still giving out ARCs so you might have a chance at a free copy! Thank you and I hope you will stop by and check out The Thirteenth Chime!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    P.S.- My release date if Friday the 13th (August this year) isn't that crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great mystery! :)

    ReplyDelete