Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (14)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: 




"I really want to pull this fake hair off my head, scrape the makeup off my face, and strip off every Meadow tainted thing I'm wearing, I hate that she's right Derek may love my voice, but it was the fake me he was making out with."


- Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison, p. 112


So I was super excited to read this book. It's my first ever ARC, and it's of a book that I've been eyeing for a while. The story's pretty emotional, and the main character goes through so much growth in the first half of the novel. That's about as far as I've gotten so far, but I'm dying to find out what happens next. Based on what I've heard, things get pretty dramatic in the second half!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Erika, thanks for visiting my blog. I absolutely adored Sing Me To Sleep, I don't want to give too much away but get ready to cry, I couldn't stop, it's such a beautiful book, even after a couple of days the ending really stayed with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- powerful teaser. I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to pick up this book for a while.
    I hope it's good! :)

    Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks so sweet! And to be honest just because the name "Derek" was in the teaser I'm giving this book higher priority ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get to a point where i can read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Intersting, sounds like she can do better! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool teaser. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great teaser! Congrats on your first ever ARC! I know that feeling! Now we can both hope for a second in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete