Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday Three: Three Fictional Schools I'd Love to Attend


Hi guys! It's Thursday again, meaning I have another Thursday Three post for y'all! This week's theme is Three Fictional Schools I'd Love to Attend. The past few days have been deadly for me- we're three weeks away from the end of the term, so teachers feel more than obligated to pile on the school work! I love my degree, but I can't help but think it would be nice to escape to a place where numbers and scientific names don't matter, to a place where I could major in something totally outrageous, like, say, witchcraft. With that wish in mind, I came up with the top three schools I'd love to be a student it.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
 Come on, guys, I think we ALL waited for a letter of admission to this wicked institution when we turned twelve. With subjects like Divinity, Care of Magical Creatures, and Defense Against the Dark Arts, how could we ever get bored? And even the supposedly "dull" subjects are thrilling in their own rights! Instead of Biology or Botany they have Herbology, where they get to pull wailing baby plants out of pots and replant them. Instead of Chemistry, they have Potions, where they can formulate the coolest concoctions! Plus, the lodging isn't bad, either. Home to ghosts, living paintings and a whole chock full of magical creatures, Hogwarts really is the place to be.

Sky High
 Yeah, this one isn't from a book, but let's just let this one slide. Sky High is awesome enough to make it to the list! First off, all the students are heroes, so for me to be a student here would mean I'd have my own set of ninja-level awesome skills. I'd even settle for being a sidekick. They're just as cool as the superheroes! Being able to turn into a puddle at will, transforming into a hamster, glowing in the dark... They're so random but oh so fun! If I could have my pick of which power I'd have, though, I think it'll be the ability to absorb powers and make them my own like Peter Petrelli in Heroes, but I'd only absorb the ones I want, when I want... or would that be a little too greedy? :P

The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women
 Since I saw Lucy Liu, Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz in Charlie's Angels when I was in second grade, I fell in love with the idea of being a spy. I wanted to have impeccable fighting skills, speak what seemed like a hundred different languages, save the world, and show boys that girls can kick butt, too. And Thee Gallagher Academy teaches all that, and more! The fact that it's an all-girls boarding school doesn't hurt, either. Though I've never been to a boarding school, I studied in a (read: very) small all-girls school my last three years of high school, and I'm guessing living with fifty or so girls that can pretty much qualify as sisters would be a whole lot of fun!

5 comments:

  1. great choices :) these are definitely schools i wish i could go to!

    -kaylee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to attend Vampire Academy and train with Dimitri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Hogwarts was real! I totally would have loved to go there, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, those are some really great schools I wish I could attend to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go to Hogwarts! xD

    Guess what! You've just recieved an award! Go to my blog to pick it up :DD


    The Guide to Good Books


    ~M.A.CHASE♥

    ReplyDelete