Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday Three: Three Stunning Book Covers


People always say "don't judge a book by its cover." However, it cannot be denied that a bad cover can really discourage you from buying a book, and a good one can infinitely increase your desire to buy one. I, for one, know that covers play a big part when I decide which books to buy, and today I'm sharing with you guys three stunning book covers that really stand out to me. Jaw-dropping, drool-worthy, stop-and-stare inducing? Hell yes!

Halo - Alexandra Adornetto
I'm currently reading this, and the story is really interesting, but I'll be the first to admit that it's not the summary that first made me want to read this. No, it was the gorgeous cover. This book is simply stunning. I mean, look at it! The silhouettes, the angel wings, the font... It's all so fitting! And I love the overall vibe of this cover. I'm not really sure if you guys get me when I say that book covers emanate vibes, but when I look at this book cover, I feel all tranquil and serene. And it looks so pure, which is really appropriate for the storyline. The people in the cover are moving in for a kiss, but it's not risque or provocative at all. I love the innocence of this cover to bits! And yes, my dear friends, it looks just as good in person as it does onscreen :)


Sea Change - Aimee Friedman
I love this cover. I really, really love this cover. I want to marry it. It's so pretty! It's dark and mysterious, yet strangely inviting. The plot of Sea Change is full of twists and turns and enchantment and mystery, and that's a lot to capture in just one cover, one image. But this cover does it justice! It's mind-blowing, really. There's so much detail that's put in it- the contrast in the photography is just right, the colors used are perfect, and the little glossy floral details are a great touch. It's not visible on the image, but in the actual book the floral embellishments along the side of the book are done in gloss, so when the light hits the cover just right, it takes the beautiful cover to a whole new level, it's hard not to admire it!

Rules of Attraction - Simone Elkeles
This is a cover I've never actually seen in real life. I got my copy of Rules of Attraction in Kindle format, so I saw it in greyscale. That didn't make the cover any less amazing, though! I love how intense this cover is. So romantic and passionate and wonderful. And the scene portrayed in the cover is really significant, but I don't want to go into detail in case you haven't read the book yet. Let's just leave it at this- this cover perfectly captures the romance in the story.

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree with all three of these picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the cover of Halo, it's got to be my favourite of the three. It's so bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these covers, but I think Sea Change is my favourite! I could be biased because I enjoyed the book so much, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH these are insanely beautiful! I love these three covers.

    I love Halo especially.
    www.TruthBeToldBlog.com

    ReplyDelete