Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

 Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming releases you're looking forward to.

 The Sweetness of Salt
by Ceclilia Galante
November 9th, 2010
Julia just graduated as her high school valedictorian, has a full ride to college in the fall and a coveted summer internship clerking for a federal judge. But when her older sister, Sophie, shows up at the graduation determined to reveal some long buried secrets, Julia's carefully constructed plans come to a halt. Instead of the summer she had painstakingly laid out, Julia follows Sophie back to Vermont, where Sophie is opening a bakery - and struggling with some secrets of her own. What follows is a summer of revelations - some heartwarming, some heartbreaking, and all slowly pointing Julia toward a new understanding of both herself and of the sister she never really knew.
-
I have a feeling this book is going to be adorable. I have two sisters of my own who I'm very close to, so I love reading books with sisters in them. This one looks like a really great novel about the importance of family, so I'm quite excited. And I love that the characters start a bakery, too. I've always wanted a cupcake shop of my own!

14 comments:

  1. Great pick, this one has just been added to my TBR pile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love stories about sisters...and the title and cover are wonderful. Hope you enjoy it.

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/08/04/waiting-on-wednesday-21/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting transition btw YA and adult. There should be more in that age range.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of this one too. I have two older sisters myself and this one sounds interesting to read. I mean what are their secrets? And how will they deal with those secrets? Love the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a lovely book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover - this looks like a good read :)

    My WoW is here Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick, I really enjoy the synopsis. I hope it's a good one. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you get your book soon, and that it is everything you hope it to be. Here's my WOW Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like it would be a great summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds really good and I love sisters stories! And, of course, anything to do with bakeries is okay in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great pic. Grear cover! Looks like an interesting read :)

    ReplyDelete