Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (15)

 Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming releases you're looking forward to.

 Not That Kind of Girl
by Siobhan Vivian
September 1st, 2010
Natalie Sterling wants to be in control. She wants her friends to be loyal. She wants her classmates to elect her student council president. She wants to find the right guy, not the usual jerk her school has to offer. She wants a good reputation, because she believes that will lead to good things.
But life is messy, and it's very hard to be in control of it. Not when there are freshman girls running around in a pack, trying to get senior guys to sleep with them. Not when your friends have secrets they're no longer comfortable sharing. Not when the boy you once dismissed ends up being the boy you want to sleep with yourself - but only in secret, with nobody ever finding out.

Slut or saint? Winner or loser? Natalie is getting tired of these forced choices - and is now going to find a way to live life in the sometimes messy, sometimes wonderful in-between.
-
This book looks pretty fantastic. The main character sounds like a control freak who wants things to work out her way, but then again, who isn't like that deep inside? And I like the premise of the novel, and that it explores the common issues of teenagers- not something mindblowing, just average, everyday problems normal teenagers face. Novels like that are more believable and relatable, so I really enjoy them. I really hope my instincts are right on this one, because my gut is telling me this will be amazing!

13 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I hadn't heard of this one before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the sound of this one...hope you enjoy it.

    Here's mine:

    http://curlupandread.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/waiting-on-wednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing a bit of this book recently! It sounds very honest and real. I like that. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WoW'd this last week! Great pick! I'm glad it's coming out soon.

    Kerleisha @ Collegiate Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this cover and the story sounds nice. The character sounds indeed like a control freak! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that this sounds good too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I didn't hear about this book until now. It sounds like it will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually received a copy of this today- it sounds awesome! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, great pick this week!! I just found this one recently and can't wait to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting cover. Sounds like a cool book.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  12. The novel you chose looks really great because it seems like it's main focus is the heart of all YA which is the MC finding out who they are! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't like the sound of the main character here but the plot sounds too good to pass up! A great pick1

    ReplyDelete