Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Follow (9)


The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event where bloggers and readers can find new blogs to follow. It's a neat idea for new bloggers (very much like myself) because it helps them connect with other bloggers and it gives them an opportunity to find blogs similar to theirs. I'm really excited about participating in this! If you're interested, go over to Crazy for Books :)

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:


  1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
  2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - www.onceuponachapter.com
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
In line with this week's book blogger hop question, it's so hard to choose a favorite! I work hard on all the posts I write (or at least I try to). But if I really had to choose just one review, I think it'll have to be my review for Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison. I think it's one of the ones that perfectly capture how I felt about the book. As for interviews, I can't choose! Every opportunity to speak with authors is amazing to me.

As for the Follow My Blog Friday question, I prefer printed books, hands down. I love my Kindle, and I definitely agree that it's practical and convenient and travel-friendly (I love the idea of having an entire library fit in a little device), but nothing beats the feeling of having an actual book in your hand. Being able to feel the wind on your face as you flip through the pages, and being to smell the book... Oh my gosh, best feeling in the world.

17 comments:

  1. I am just visiting from the blog hop and am a new follower. I enjoyed reading your review.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erika, I'm an old follower!

    I loved Sing Me To Sleep soooo much! I balled my eyes out and still think about the story constantly!

    Thanks for commenting on my HOP post! I as well hardly ever give bad reviews (Fallen is really the only recent one I can think of) I'm just lucky with the books I read.

    Thanks!

    -Christina

    http://books-are-life-reviews.blogspot.com/2010/08/duff-by-kody-keplinger.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ignore the link to my The DUFF review. :)

    I'm not sure how that ended up in there! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by for the Blog Hop. I'm a follower. I've got some great giveaways this week. Hope you'll stop by to visit.
    ~Inspired Kathy
    Over The Moon by Diane Daniels.
    The Aristobrats by Jennifer Solow.
    The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erika, I'm already a follower. Just dropping by. Have a great weekend with lots of happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hopping by checking out the sites :) Please come visit at: http://readforyourfuture.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Hop!! I enjoy reading your reviews and can't wait to see what you think of Halo. Enjoy your weekend :)

    Hop by my site to see my faves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Erica!

    Hopping over via hop! Fantastic blog you got here, I love your header :P I now a follower!

    Cheers,
    Lisa (Badass Bookie)
    http://badassbookie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here, found you through the hop and follow Friday!

    I have enjoyed your reviews and look forward to reading more!


    Please stop by to check out my giveaway!
    www.littlesqueed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Discovered your blog via the Hop. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by from the Hop. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a new follower from the blog hop. Feel free to come and visit me at www.chrissiescorner.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping back to say hi! I read/commented on your review of Sing Me to Sleep. It's a really well-written review and I'll be sure to pick up a copy of the book the next time I'm out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Erika, Old follower here :)
    They'll never replace paperbooks, but its convenient to have a Kindle for sure!

    e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello :)

    Hopping right back, hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know im late with this. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. this is my first hop. Great site! This is so much fun. I will participate more. Come visit me at http://readforyourfuture.blogspot.com/
    Thanks
    Lora

    ReplyDelete