Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (19)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: 




"I wasn't alone in my head. It was full of lockets, and fires, and voices."

- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl, p. 102

I've been hearing so many things about this novel, but I only decided to pick it up recently. So far, so good though. I'm only in the beginning since I just started the book last night, but there've been enough secrets in the story to whet my appetite. The character of Lena sounds really interesting, and I can't wait to find out what she's trying to keep hidden from everyone. The narration is also a quirk, since the narrator, Ethan, is male. I don't read a lot of novels with male narrators, but more often than not I end up enjoying them. Hopefully this one won't be an exception!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Creatures sounds really good with that "teaser." I think I'll check the book out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely teaser....

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/teaser-tuesdays-23/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard this a great book so I look forward to your review ! Great teaser to get people thinking.

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great teaser for the book. I've already read Beautiful Creatures, and I enjoyed it, so I'll be looking to see what you think!

    My teaser is from a new release YA fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! I've got this book in my TBR pile as well. I love that the narrator is male. Thanks for sharing!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying to read this book. Great teaser! My teaser is here.

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did like this one and I like your choice of teaser as well! Hope you enjoy it.

    Our teaser is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's my Teaser for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your book. Mine's from Opur's Blade by James Ross.

    ReplyDelete