Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (21)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: 


"I wanted to meet people who would understand how the sight of a tree's jasper green needles against a cloudless sky could make my heart go POW! People who wouldn't think I was weird because by body remained with them, but my mind had already escaped to the studio, figuring out how to replicate the colors on canvas- which scraps of paper would work and which I needed to find."

- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley, p. 37
 -
 This is the last of my June-July bookbinge books, so I'm quite excited about this one. It's lovely so far, just as lovely as most reviews say it is. I'm really enjoying it! North of Beautiful sounds uplifting, and I can already tell that it's an important novel of self-discovery.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like a wonderful read....I've been meaning to check this one out. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I LOVE this book... like way too much, haha. I've book talked it and recommended it to tons of people.

    ReplyDelete