Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Follow (15)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event where bloggers and readers can find new blogs to follow. It's a neat idea for new bloggers (very much like myself) because it helps them connect with other bloggers and it gives them an opportunity to find blogs similar to theirs. I'm really excited about participating in this! If you're interested, go over to Crazy for Books :)


The Book Blogger Hop Question: "What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"

I still live in my parents' house so this one is pretty much impossible, but I would love to have a huge bookshelf! We have a couple of big bookcases around the house, but one is in the office and the other one is the one my sisters share in their room. I have a standard-sized one which isn't bad at all, but it simply can't house all my books comfortably anymore. They're sort of just stacked up on top of one another! So yes, when I get a place of my own, I'd love to have a bookshelf wall or something, but that's probably not going to happen any time soon LOL

Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
  1. Follow our Featured Bloggers - www.onceuponachapter.com
  2. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
  3. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  4. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
  5. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  6. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post! 
Parajunkee's Question: If you have, or would have a daughter, what book would you want your daughter to read?
I'm only eighteen, so having a daughter never really slipped my mind. I don't hope to have one for another ten or so years! But in the event that I do, and she's old enough to read, I think I'd like her to read Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. It's one of the first books I remember reading, and I distictly remember bawling buckets at the end of it- such a sad but beautiful novel about the power of friendship!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Erika! Just stoppin' by; I'm an old follower.

    Ooh, that's a good one Erika! Totally slipped my mind that my "daughter" (totally imaginative right now) could enjoy younger novels.

    Kristina @ Frazzled Book Nommer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Charlotte's Web. I didn't think of that. Another one that comes to mind is Where The Red Fern Grows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by! Great answers...YES to Charlotte's Web. I cry every time I look at the cover!

    Hope you come by and see my answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte's Web is a great choice! It was one of the first ones I read as well and I still remember the feeling's I had when I read it.
    Now about bookshelves, let me tell you this, no matter how much room you have, or how many bookshelves you get, they still fill up! My shelves are double, even triple stacked and I have TONS of shelves. Well, I have 5 regular sized bookcases and then I have a shelf that goes around the ceiling in my room and it's nearly full and I have shelves along the top of the walls in other rooms and they are pretty full too. Not all are very accessible, so they aren't full of books, but the areas that are reachable are! I do have more space in my house, I just need more shelves too!
    Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More room for books is always a great choice! My daughters LOVED Charlotte's web and my Bebe Boy does too!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Erika! Just stopping by from both hops. I think that Charlotte's Web is a great choice. You've got a great blog here. Looking forward to reading your posts. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy HOP! Yep we can never have too many bookshelves. I have nine and they take up one of my bedrooms :) For my wish I want to own my own bookstore

    Hope you HOP by for a visit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following the mechanical bunny around...

    Anything bookish... A library at my fingertips at all times. Luckily I have my Nook :D

    A book to recommend to my figurative girl, Twenty Boy Summer & Speak!!

    Sorry no post for hopping tonight but I have a new book review up.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm an old follower, hopping through. I want a library and am working on getting one. Hope you can find more room to house your books! Have an awesome weekend!

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! Just be patient. I'm still living with my parents too, but I'll be getting my own apartment this time next year and my boyfriend already has agreed to build me a bookshelf as big as a wall. Just find someone with carpenter skills when you get your own place!

    Anyway, old follower, just saying hi!

    If you get a chance, check out my blog. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    I'm doing my rounds for the Blog Hop and Follow Friday so I'm stopping to say say hello. :) I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

    http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was a Finance major too (I switched). Looks we both want a place for our ever growing book collection, ha! :D I've never read Charlotte's Web :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya, just hopping by~!

    A giant bookshelf would be nice... unfortunately, I'm in your predicament. The dream won't happen until I move out. Ha ha.

    I'm a new follower. :)
    Lauren | 365 Days of Reading

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping by the hop to say hi!

    I'm a new follower!

    Here' my post:
    http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/10/book-blogger-hop-october-29th.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stopping by to say Hi. If you havent already. Stop by and enter my book giveaways and my Poll.
    http://readforyourfuture.blogspot.com/
    See you next week
    Lora

    I would want my daughter to read Little women

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello. :D Found you through Follow Friday! I have to say that I have never read Charlotte's Web, but I did see the movie. Of course, I'm sure that the movie didn't do the book justice though! (New Follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dropping via the friday hops. I am your newest follower. For this week's question, I'd like to have my own library. Check my answer at Clandestine Sanctuary. Enjoy the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still have my old copy of Charlotte's web somewhere... Might have to dig that out and she if my older daughter is interested in having it read to her.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Following you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopping through~

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am a new follower.
    Bookshelves are always a necessity. The more, the better!

    Jenny @ The Mimosa Stimulus

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Heather! I'm an old follower. Thanks for stopping by. I loved Charlotte's Web, which made me cry when I was little.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My bedroom had a huge built in bookshelf. I miss that shelf.

    Happy weekend. My bookish wish involves a remodel. Here's what I'd do if I had the time and money.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Charlotte's Web is an excellent choice and one I read as a young girl as well!

    Check out my Follow Friday, Blog Hop and Giveaway HERE!

    ReplyDelete