Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (23)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: 

""Those girls on the other side of the car are staring at you."

Jace assumed an air of mellow gratification. "Of course they are," he said. "I am stunningly attractive."

"Haven't you ever heard that modesty is an attractive trait?"

"Only from ugly people," Jace confided."

- City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare, p. 86
-
I only started this book a few hours ago, I've had a cumulative time of maybe an hour and a half reading it, and I've already made it through the first ten chapters. I'm addicted! It's so good, I find it so painful to put down (but I have to because schoolwork is practically shrieking my name, telling me to get it done. Oh, life.). I'm really loving the storyline, and the characters and creativity are amazing. Can't wait to get all the work done so I can start reading again!

2 comments:

  1. Such a GREAT book! I love this series, so so much! And Jace -- how fantastic is he?! :-) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love this book. It is full of so many wonderful quotes. I felt like I needed to buy a highlighter!

    I posted a teaser for Blameless :)

    Mad Scientist
    madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete