Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (24)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser: 

"The cells were reserved for the worst of criminals: vampires gone rogue, warlocks who broke the Covenant Law, Shadowhunters who spilled each other's blood. Jace was none of those things. How could she even suggest sending him there?"

- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, p. 80
-
 I am so in love with this series, it's unreal. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites! I finished City of Bones last week (what an ending!) and I started this one immediately after, but I put it down for a while to read The DUFF. Now I'm back to reading this, and I'm really liking it! I'm not sure yet if I like it as much as I did the second book, but it's pretty good. Sad, even. I'm Team Jace all the way!

9 comments:

  1. I just read Clockwork Angel, which was my first Cassandra Clare book. I really liked it. I've got to start this series now! Good teaser! Here's mine from Revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with this series. I am so glad you are liking it. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this is definitely a great series :) I haven't read Clockwork Angel yet but it's ready and waiting for me. Great teaser!

    The Bookish Snob - Shades of Desire by LM Pruitt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read this series. I am glad you are enjoying your book. Cool teaser. Check out my MY Teaser For Tuesday. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the first one for my Not So Bebe Girl Autumn last year and quickly had to buy the next two, as she (and I) both loved this series!

    Thanks for the teaser!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this series. City of Ashes, for me, was your typical filler novel. It gave just enough, but left you wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, and I'm glad you're enjoying the series! It's on my TBR list. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to reading this series! Nice tease!!

    Here’s my tease:
    http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-soulless.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the teaser. I still have this in my TBR pile and can't wait to get to it. Make sure to check out the Mortal Instrument series post in YA Love Triangle Week and support Jace!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete