Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (23)

 Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine where you can post about upcoming releases you're looking forward to.

Moonglass
by Jessi Kirby
May 3rd, 2011
MOONGLASS is a contemporary YA novel about a girl who, years after her mother’s death, gets a fresh start in a new seaside town. She seems to be outrunning the past, but discovers that the sea glass she wears around her neck is not just a token of her mother’s memory but a connection to the very stretch of water she now calls home. 
-
I have a feeling this novel will feature a strong mother-daughter relationship as well as some emotional topics such as death, loss and love. Probably won't be an easy read, but I love "heavy" books just as much as (if not even more than) I love light reads, so it's fine by me!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the sound of this one and I LOVE the cover! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this cover and I agree, I love heavy/darker books just as much as light reads (maybe even more). I'm looking forward to this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, sounds good! So long as I alternate heavy and light books, it all seems to go okay.

    ReplyDelete