Friday, November 19, 2010

Casting Characters (8): Halo by Alexandra Adornetto


Casting Characters is a feature hosted at Erika Breathes Books that gives potential casts for books.
One of my most-anticipated 2010 debuts, Halo is one of the novels I'd love to see as a movie. As always, while I was reading it, I had clear pictures of the characters, so I decided to share my casting choices  with you guys!

Bethany - Lily Collins
I am in love with this girl. No joke, I think she's gorgeous and clever, and she can definitely act. I think she'd make a perfect Bethany- she's got the long, brown hair and pale skin, and she really does look like an angel! She looks so wholesome and innocent, pretty much angelic.

Xavier - Drew Roy
Okay, so he's a Disney boy. He did play Hannah Montana's love interest at some point. But so what? I, for one, really enjoy watching Hannah Montana, and since this feature is based pretty much on aesthetics alone, I think he'd make a great Xavier. He's tall and dark-haired, and he looks like the perfect balance between a charismatic, popular athlete type and a boy next door. I think he could portray the character of Xavier really well.

Ivy - Emily Van Camp
At first, I imagined Brittany Snow as Ivy, then I watched an episode of Brothers and Sisters and saw Emily, and Brittany was immediately replaced. Graceful, demure and beautiful, Emily could definitely pull off being Ivy.

Gabriel - Cam Gigandet
Yeah, he shot to fame playing bad boys (The OC? Twilight? Yeah, definitely bad boy.), but I think he's got the chops to play a fierce, even standoffish angel. I always imagined Gabriel to have long wavy hair (like Cam's in Twilight) and be a little scruffy, so Cam he's pretty much perfect for the part. Besides, I'd love to see him as a protagonist! It would be a refreshing change from his usual villain roles, don't you agree? 
Jake - Nicholas Hoult
I've been a fan of Nicholas' since seeing him in About a Boy with Hugh Grant, but I became an even bigger fan when I watched him in Skins (which I loved!). There he played Tony, the main character who falls somewhere between being an antagonist and a protagonist. He's messed up and has personal demons, so I think he'll be a great Jake. He's also pale and dark-haired, which is how I imagined Jake to be. And the accent? It's almost too fitting!
Molly - Malese Jow
Malese seems really girly and frivolous, so I think she's an actress fit to play the role of the friendly, occasionally naive Molly. I also imagined Molly to look a lot like her- petite, dark-haired and cute. 

7 comments:

  1. I really love this feature. It's so much fun to read and I think that your always pretty accurate. I haven't read Halo yet but I love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks for Ivy and Gabriel. I pictured Xavier differently as there's a character called Xavier in one of my favourite soaps and I kept seeing his face while I was reading. Love this feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you do this too :) I have a feature like this on my blog, but mine is Film it Friday :) I guess great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, great picks! I could totally picture them for the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read the book, but I really want to. :) Emily Van Camp is very cool, even though I have not seen a lot of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Bethany and Xavier. I always pictured Gabe and Ivy a little older.

    I like your blog! I'm a new follower via FF!

    If you have time, please check out mine!

    ~Brooke
    http://brookesboxofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I always thought Lily Collins would be the perfect Bethany, even before I saw this! I'm not sure if the others are who I envisioned as the other roles, but I really support Collins as Bethany!!!:)

    ReplyDelete