Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Follow (16)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event where bloggers and readers can find new blogs to follow. It's a neat idea for new bloggers (very much like myself) because it helps them connect with other bloggers and it gives them an opportunity to find blogs similar to theirs. I'm really excited about participating in this! If you're interested, go over to Crazy for Books :)

The Book Blogger Hop Question: "What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?"
Of course I get sad! Doesn't everybody? But at the end of the day, it's the follower's choice. If he or she doesn't like what I post, I can't really do anything about it. I've never unfollowed anyone's book blog, but I have on Tumblr (which I use as my sort of visual diary/personal blog). I haven't done it a lot, but those few times, the user just kept posting stuff I didn't really appreciate or approve of.

Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
  1. Follow our Featured Bloggers - www.onceuponachapter.com
  2. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
  3. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  4. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
  5. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  6. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post! 
Parajunkee's Question: Who are your favorite authors?

Oh dear, I have so many! For contemporary, I love Elizabeth Scott, Sarah Dessen, Susane Colasanti, Jandy Nelson, Sarah Ockler, Kody Keplinger and Jennifer Echols. For non-contemporary, Suzanne Collins, Cassandra Clare and J.K. Rowling. I'm pretty sure I missed out some because I like so many, but those are some of my favorites whose books I go ga-ga over.

Who do you love? Any authors you think I should check out?

9 comments:

  1. Just hopping through! I'm a new follower and would love it if you would follow me back at (openbookemptycup.blogspot.com). I have never stopped following a blog thus far and some of my favorite authors right now are Elizabeth Kostova, Suzanne Collins, J.K. Rowling, Kelly Armstrong, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

    Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. Jandy Nelson is definitely a beautiful writer. The only other YA author who I think writes with a similarly pretty style is Maggie Stiefvater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
    turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
    performance.

    On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
    such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
    over-the-top way.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new follower from the hop. I agree with what you say about losing followers. I don't want people to follow me if they aren't interested in what I have to say.

    I just finished 13 to Life by Shannon Delany....amazing book! You can read my review on my blog: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Erika, just hopping on by! Definitely agree about the followers - in the end it is their choice, although yeah, it is a little sad when someone un-follows :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old follower stopping by! Kody Keplinger, Cassandra Clare and Suzanne Collins are some of my favorite authors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by to say hi from the blog hop. I liked your review of Jane. It's in my TBR pile and I'm trying to prioritize what to read next.
    Susan from Reading World
    http://susancoventry@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by to say hello there! :D And to let you know that I'm a new follower of yours now. ;3 I really should read more Sarah Dessen but if I'm painfully honest, I haven't picked up any of her books since high school--although I do love her covers. Also, I completely agree! It's definitely sad to lose a follower although it is also definitely their choice if they want to stop following.
    Anyways, I can't wait to see what you think of Clockwork Angel and have an amazing weekend!

    - Kristin from Beneath Shining Stars, I Read

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Just stopping in to say hello on Follow Friday. Thanks for stopping in to see my YA blog. I am now a follower of yours. :) Nice to meet you.

    Best,
    Dana @ danasyabookpile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete