I love all things YA, but if I had to choose just one kind to be my favorite, it would have to be contemporary. Don't get me wrong, I adore fantasy, paranormal, and dystopian books- the worlds they give me to escape in are just magical! But something about realistic fiction just tugs at my heartstrings a little more. Because of my unwavering love for contemporary fiction, I decided to participate in this year's Young Adult Contemporary Challenge hosted by Reggie of The Undercover Book Lover.
What's the challenge about, you ask? Well, it's pretty self explanatory- you just have to read contemporary books released in 2011. Sounds fun, right? Here are the rules:
- All contemporary books must be in the Young Adult genre
- Books have to be published in 2011
- Open to everybody. Please fill in the form to enter.
- You can join whenever you want
- If you want to enter with your blog link, you have to post about the challenge.
Then when you're done reading a book, you have to link the review in the MisterLinky that can be found on the main post of the challenge.
Pretty simple, right? So if you're fond of contemporary literature or just YA in general, I suggest you sign up for this challenge, like me! I'm already so excited, I have a list of a few of the books I want to read:
- Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard
- Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
- Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
- Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors
- Subway Girl by P. J. Converse
- The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan Mcvoy
- What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
- Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
- And Then Things Fall Apart by Arlaina Tibensky
- Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt
- Boyfriends with Girlfriends by Alex Sanchez
- Stay by Deb Caletti
- Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
- Starstruck by Cyn Balog
- Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski
- Pearl by Jo Knowles
So if you're interested in taking part in the fun, head on over to Reggie's blog and sign up! I look forward to finishing this challenge with you guys!